[DIY] Easy Bentonite Healing Mask (2 ingredients)

April 02, 2018

Hello beautiful people!

Hope you're having a super Easter! So today I bring you another short post on a DIY face mask!! This one is more of a healing/cleansing face mask compared to the last one! After using this mask your face will feel a little tight which is good as it's suppose to shrink pores! I have tried making this with apple cider vinegar and also with water, and I find that with water, it's much harder to get a nice consistency, so I use ACV. If you have sensitive skin I would suggest using water as ACV may be too harsh on your skin.

If you want to read more on the benefits of Bentonite clay mask, you can check out some info here--> click here 

Disclaimer: I'm not a dermatologist. This is just from personal experience, so please do test patch in the case of sensitive skin!

(trying not to smile too much as the clay hardens!)

Ingredients:


- Bentonite Healing Clay (I bought mine online)
- Apple cider vinegar (with the "mother"), I will refer to this as ACV below.
Apple cider vinegar with the mother just means that its unrefined, unpasteurized and unfiltered! It's naturally antibacterial and antifungal

Other things you'll need:

- small non-metal bowl
- non-metal teaspoon
this is because metal spoons and bowls will react with the clay reducing most of its healing properties
For more in-depth explanation check out this link --> click here

How I make and use the mask:

1. Wash face (I normally wash my face with my olive face soap and then pat dry)

2. Mix 1 tsp of clay with 1 tsp of ACV into light paste

3. Ensure that hair is back (handy to use a head band to pull back all little lose hairs.

4. Spread the paste onto clean skin

5. Now you wait, normally I leave it on for about 20-30 minutes. You'll know when it's ready! The clay will be drying and as it does you'll feel it beginning to tighten on the skin. When it starts to feel this way, it's time to take off the mask. Or alternatively you can just leave it on for 5 minutes!



6. Because the clay is a bit dried and hard, don't scrub! I normally put some warm water in a big bowl and dip my face in it to soften up the clay and when it begins to soften, you can use your fingers in small circular motions and gently massage the clay off your face.

7. When all clay is removed, rinse your face with cold water and then pat dry!

8. Apply moisturizer! I normally use organic extra virgin coconut oil, I take a little bit and apply it to my face, then using a cotton pad gently remove excess oil by using small circular motions on my face. 


So I hope you guys enjoy your mask and let me know what you think! :) 

Lots of love,
Eneshai
xxx


You Might Also Like

2 comments

Thanks for checking out my blog! If you like the contents please show your support and follow! I read all my comments and appreciate each and every one. If you leave a comment with your blog link, I'll check it out. :)

Thank you

~Eneshai
xxx

Like us on Facebook